Although I am an expert in creating Kitchen Katastrophes … sometimes the Kitchen-god takes pity on me and I end up preparing a dish that looks and tastes good 😀
So here I am sharing the recipe that never goes wrong 😀 Plus Biker Darling loves it the most 😀
Pasta – Any pasta of your choice (In this dish, I mixed Penne and Fusilli )
Mushrooms sliced – 5
Capsicums (long thinly sliced) – 2
Onions chopped – 1 or 2
Carrots (long thinly sliced) – 1
For White Sauce
Salt according to taste
Parmesan Cheese ( Amul Cheese works fine too)
1) Pour water in a cooker, add some salt and let it boil for a minute. Slowly add pasta. Make sure that the Pasta is completely immersed in water.
Once boiled, stain the water and pour some oil over the pasta. This will keep the pasta from sticking together.
Tip – use a large utensil as Pasta will swell up once boiled.
2) In wok, pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onions, fry them till they are golden brown. Add Mushroom, capsicum and carrot. Add butter and salt according to salt.
3) Grind black pepper and mix it with the vegetables.
4) Once the vegetables are partly cooked, slowly add pasta into the wok.
5) Mix it well. Remove the wok from stove
6) For white sauce – in a separate wok, add 2-3 spoons of butter.
7) Once the butter has melted, add flour and fry it for half a minute. The quantity of flour determines how thick the white sauce will be. I prefer thick sauce so I added 2-3 spoons of flour.
8) Slowly pour milk and stir continuously. Make sure the lumps of flour have completely mixed with milk. Do not add milk at one go. Add it slowly as it will help you to control the thickness of sauce.
9) Add cheese, salt to taste and black pepper.
10) Once your white sauce is ready, pour it over the pasta. Mix it well.
Serve hot with Garlic Bread (Optional)